Sunday, June 24, 2007

...Wipers: Before There was Kurt, there was Greg Sage...

























...there's nothing finer than being reminded of a great band that you'd totally forgotten about but used to love...no, wait there is something better, being turned on to a band that you'd totally slept on by someone who knows your tastes (and has a good ear of their own)...it's the gift that keeps on giving...




















...having said all of the above, upon closer inspection, I realized, to my pleasant surprise, that Micki had slipped me some of their shite already when she was here earlier in the year while I was at work or something, the point is I had 'em and (yet again) hadn't gotten around to 'em (we swapped a grip of tunage, son)...again: it's the gift that keeps on giving....


















..is this real or is this Memorex...well, it's kinda both; after doing a little looking around I've found that my favorite cuts come from the LPs Is This Real? and Youth of America...I've got a long list of "best-nobody's-talking-about" and these guys have been added to it...look 'em up if you've heard-of-but-haven't-checked, don't know who the hell I'm talking about...or just plain like to find good tunage then these dudes are definitely it ...if you see 'em, cop 'em and don't ask questions...I've been born-again-hard on this group's instrumental "When It's Over" all weekend...




















...for more Wipers tunes and a link to Micki's original post, click the header or click here

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home