Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Lying. Ass. BITCHES; The 2nd Coming...















...rants and raves around the bend...I've been doing my thing but still keeping my ear to the ground and "election day's coming" sez the hoofbeats of the media masses that I hear far off in the distance...I've tried to keep my politics on here to a minimum but my tongue's hurting all the time because of it...I don't know about the rest of you all but all of these debates, saber rattling and gnashing of teeth have already gotten me soured on something that I was already a bit tart about...all of the chatter I'm hearing on talk radio about double-guessing who's actually going to be on the ticket for both parties has gotten me dispeptic and we're only mid-way to 2008....

...just in case you've been under a rock or trapped on a desert Island with a basketball as your only source of communication for the past couple of hours, over in DC, I Lewis "Scooter" Libby, the former Chief White House aide to the Veep just got pinched for leaking the identity of CIA agent Valerie Plame, wife of former Ambassador Joseph Wilson who called the Bush Administration out on the fact that Saddam Hussein never went over there on a nuclear shopping spree of any sort, adding to the snowball of half-truths and obfuscating, fear-inducing misdirection that led to..ahhh, if you don't know the rest by now, I'll have whatever you'be been having for the past few years-- long story short, revealing Plame's cover thoroughly and expediently blew her cover and destroyed her undercover career...the judge's closing gavel hadn't even stopped being hammered before dude's lawyer revealed that he/ his client were going to appeal...my forecast: more of the same, he'll skate and go to "be with his family" and get a big fat, get out of jail free/ pardon sometime around the end of next year...just like Monica "caging votes" Goodling will...the fekkin' tossers...













...I read somewhere that "the star of Monica Gate 2.0" looked as if she was going to burst into tears at one point...B, O, O, H, O, O...was it because she got knicked or because she regretted what she did...Susan Lucci couldn't hold a candle to Goodling's mid-day, courtroom theatrics... my head starts spinning when I think of all the back-channelling that will be necessary to stay appraised of all this shite, and believe me, there will be plenty-- to crib a quote from the Captain Willard character in Apocalypse Now "the shit piles up so fast, you need wings to stay on top of it"...

















...but the Republicans haven't cornered the market on back-room chicanery...across the aisle, Louisiana Congressman William "Dollar Bill" Jefferson (D), got brought up on 16 different charges in Alexandria, VA, among them, taking bribes in the back of his limo-- this was the schnook who got ganched with $90,000 in cold cash quite literally as the money was found in bill form and hidden in bags in his freezer...a crooked politician from Louisiana? Who'd a thunk it?...check out those eyes, he even LOOKS like the Grinch...guess he needed a tube of this...













...Black or white, male or female you can't bury the truth forever but still these crooks sure try to anyway...Libby and Jefferson, due to their governmental ties, will more than likely appeal everything (waste more tax payer's dough)...and we all know what went down last week due to the fact that the Dems don't have the voting minerals to pull off any sort of mandate (the best way to control a mob is to give them the illusion that they're actually calling the shots)....the way earthly things are going; as I get older, I feel more and more like Gary Coleman in the picture above...it's gotten to the point that whenever I listen to the news, I find there's so much shite going on out there (that I have to figure out for myself because most media sources tend to truncate their news copy for editorial purposes...the refrain of this tune pretty much says what I feel whenever I hear about these guys...and don't even get me started on the forthcoming voting season...I guess the imminent malaise I feel slouching toward my inner Bethlehem, like that fictional beast in the W.B. Yeats poem, is the desired effect...what is past is prologue:...all's I'm saying is don't turn to the TV for the truth, seek it and parse it out for yourself and be vigilant in your endeavors because, well, I'll let Gil Scott-Heron tell you why in the cut below...Laters...




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home