Friday, April 06, 2007

I Find Myself Drifting Back to Radiohead




















...there’s no denying the cyclical nature in how I check my tunage…I hear of a grip of new bands that I really want to check but there aren’t enough hours in the day to go there and, to be honest, I can’t remember the last time I’ve been anxiously awaiting the release of a new album either…is that a bad thing?...Come to think of it, the last time I’ve heard a new album of new material that I could listen to coast to coast was Radiohead’s Hail to the Thief which, in my opinion was a masterpiece…

...admittedly, the Rainman-with-a-box-of-crayons album cover was off-putting when I first saw it but I soon found there’s not a half-assed cut on the set (the one cut on Kid A that I still loathe is “Idioteque” for some reason)...I love my rock ‘n roll guits (which Thom Yorke et al cranked up on this set) and I got a soft spot for electronic textures (which they trimmed back on, in relation to their previous outings, for this album so when it dropped in the summer of ‘03, I didn’t know what to expect…I wasn’t dissapointed…I haven’t listened to this whole LP in quite a while, I think I’ll remedy that right now


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent choice bro'

Indeed very much of a masterpiece!

btw, didya get YZ?

4:21 PM, April 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home