Monday, September 24, 2007

Janeane Garofalo: Still One of My Favorite Broads...


























...a decade and change before Disney dropped Ratatouille I was into Janeane Garofalo...I think I started falling for her in Reality Bites when she played Vickie-- a chick with convictions; stood for what she believed in...and still knew who in the hell Willona Woods from Good Times was...since I've moved to California, I've run into some of the cast from that particular film while doing the writing thing-- like Ethan "crustache" Hawke (in still below with co-star Janeane ) and even Matt "the forehead" Dillon but Garofalo's the one I've always wanted to have a sit down with and shoot the shite about current affairs and books...hell, she even pulled off a cameo at the end of Pulp Fiction...

...this lady is probably why I dig on brainy brunette broads with big mouths who wear pointy glasses and usually have something to say...Garofalo's been burned at the stake for speaking her mind but she didn't just step off the stage at open mic night in the Bryn Mawr student union...she's got some big ideas that she uses her comedic chops to convey...she's earned her mumpin' bones first doing stand up, then acting and now, a mixture of the two...


...when it's all said and done, I think a lot of people will say they were down from the beginning...like those fuckers who say they liked the Buzzcocks long before Ghost World came out...I used to love her and Sam Seder's talk show on Air America...then it got pulled...but it was funny and I was one of the early bloggers on that show's hell raising earlier threads (BlayznSddlz, son)...check my girl out tearing Faux News' Brian Kilmeade a new one a couple of years ago, the February before the war in Iraq was initiated and, well, you see what we've wrought...Peaches...





...here she is speaking on one of my favorite HBO series: Rome...



...here she is calling Bill Maher out...a couple of nights ago for toe-ing the line on the low-low...



...later, breaking down Directive 17 and the "Mission Accomplished" ethos on another segment in that same show...see, put her in an environment, not in the middle of a gaggle of brainwashed brownshirts on Fox hell bent on shouting her down but one that's open to new ideas, alternate ways of thinking and she's 'bout it-'bout it...go' on, girl...



...and, finally, my favorite from this appearance...how Colin Powell, somebody I actually HAVE met... could've changed history...and didn't!!!...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home