Sunday, March 11, 2007

Add It Up: Crash's Car Crash...





















...I was driving down Sunset yesterday on my way back from Malibu, in bumper-to-bumper traffic along the Strip, heading East when just as the traffic on my side of the street started to surge forward this beater from the oncoming lane on the other side of the double line shot over onto my side, I slammed on the brakes just in time and only the bumper of my car got nicked...turns out, this truck behind that car had pushed that lady's car from behind and the sheer force made her lose control of her vehicle and she careened wildly to the opposite side of the street, jumped the curb and crashed into a meter...



















...Micki, who was busily snapping photos of shite on the passenger side at the time, was shaken but kept it together and got a grip of crazy pics to take back with her-- even as one of LA's finest gave her a little hassle about her führerschein (German license) because it's written in about ten different languages...




























...if I were five feet further along, she would've plowed into the side of my car and I would not be here typing this post...I just heard this Violent Femmes cut on the radio and it reminded me of some of the little details of what happened yesterday...and while some of the lyrics don't, the title speaks to what I was feeling as I saw that car flash across the road-- "this could be it"...I said all of that to say: make sure you got your shite together because when it's time to cash in your chips, there's no time to "Add It Up"...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home