Monday, February 26, 2007

I Heart Huckabees -- Why I Don't Totally Hate Mark Wahlberg

...I realized while watching the Oscars last night that Mark Wahlberg (who got nommed for his turn in The Departed) gets a bad rap for his acting chops for films like the Italian Job (which I ca instantly see is understandable) but I will say that he did hit it hard on films like Boogie Nights and I Heart Huckabees...I wrote a review for that film when it came out that started like this...

"Before you ask, Huckabees is not a herd of Australian marsupials, but rather the name of a chain of fictional stores in David O. Russell’s new ensemble comedy starring Jason Schwartzman, Dustin Hoffman, Isabelle Huppert, Lily Tomlin and Jude Law. The film follows Albert Markovski (Schwartzman), a tree-hugging conservationist who hires the "existential detectives" Bernard and Vivian Jaffe (Hoffman and Tomlin) to spy on him following a series of coincidences that cause him to continued here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home