Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Denis Leary: When Hallmark Just Ain't Cuttin' Through...























...Music and writing, two of my first true loves...sometimes it's tough to see where they diverge in my mind's eye but one thing's for certain, they've always been there...I've seen the women come and go but the tunes and the typing have held steady...until recently...

...I've been kicking it with a super-cool chick and she's all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips, she gets me in places and ways that I don't have to always explain and it's weirding me out sometimes because I don't have to go there all the time; explain what I'm thinking (or writing) to the least common denominator, she's a lot like me but she's also her own person and therein lies the rub: she's so much like me that she forces me to ask the hard questions that I wouldn't ask myself straightaway which can take the piss out of you when you've slipped into your shiniest shoes of self-righteousness and gotten comfortably settled into your soapbox'standing-room-only perch...

...I'm opinionated, sometimes outright strident in my beliefs, I've accepted that in me and am used to going my own way, even if it means that I've got to give the proverbial finger to those closest to me...but she's not buying that shite and told me as much and she's sticking (damn you woman, you're forcing me to do that heavy, emotional lifting that I usually get away with between the lines of an article)...sometimes being a cunning linguist or clever is not necessarily the panacea for all the ills in your world-- one of the first lessons you learn while eating a hearty helping of crow...

...with all of the above in mind, a recent string of events have proven that this chick truly has what it takes to hack it through the (sometimes dense) mental jungles of what I'll call Crash-topia, she's not in the rear with the gear, she's charging straight ahead and it's scary to behold sometimes...she's called me out and told me that I'd never reveal something like this to my "gentle readers" and I thought I'd prove it: I'm many things but a liar is not one of 'em and although I'm not a white, suburbanite with a John Wayne/ Patton fetish, the chorus and refrain of the video below speaks directly to what I feel when I forget myself, cross the line and oh whatever...check it:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No you're not really (that often)...

1:38 PM, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home