Sunday, August 21, 2005

A Coupla Glazed Donuts...

I always found it dope that the BBC News Service puts the news out there in over 43 languages -- I've always wondered why more media outlets over here don't follow the Beeb's lead... Mother Jones has two informative entries on the Hiroshima Bombing coverup and the Twilight Era of Petroleum that should be checked...



As I perused through The Nation I came across a joint that sheds a little more light on the whole Emmett Till case and how the kid-killing "nightriders" were acquitted of the murder 40-plus years ago -- after the all-white jury stopped the proceedings long enough to have a Co' Cola. I got chills reading Stuart Klawans' description of how those thugs did what they did to that child...and got away with it ...Truly fucked up, son...since we're talkin' people of color, I recall at one point I was working on something else and came across this thing in PBS' "Frontline" web page covering the "dusky past" of Heather Locklear or at least the branches of her family tree...and I thought she was whiter than Wonder Bread...genetics: the gift that keeps on giving...

...On a lighter note, I realized that I bookmarked this little number in Slate months ago and forgot about it. It was called The Church of Liebling, as in A.J. Liebling. He's the press critic who coined phrases like "freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one" and "people everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news"...too, I uncovered an "oldie" in the Village Voice written by Ta-Nehisi Coates from back in the lead-up to the "pricks fix/mandate" we got handed to us in a steaming pile on a silver platter last November. It's kind of quaint to look back on what was going on in cyberspace back then before all hope got scattered to the winds by those red-state gooks who're now bitching about the petrol prices...remember all that noise Get Out the Vote made?...those were the days...Four more year? You got it! Now grab your ankles and brace yourself...just for for shits 'n giggles I re-read the transcripts from Crossfire episode on which Jon Stewart handed Tucker Carlson his ass ...Oh yeah, Dave Lindorff has a site called This Can't Be Happening that's worth a look-see, check out that story about Hillary Clinton at the top right of the landing page...good stuff,yo...Laters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home