Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Biggest Man That You Ever did See....

...Been busy the past few days; coupla deadlines, junkets, etc and now I'm drinkin' brew for breakfast but "Rudie Can't Fail"...

Sending this from Manhattan Beach as I went back down to see my "homie" who lives down here and I just woke up to lookit the beach...Ahhh, I love the smell of California surf in the morning...looking out @ those huge ships out in the misty distance reminds me why I love living close to the water, something about the briny exspanse that pulls your coat in a manner that says unequivocally, "dude, the world you live on is large and you are small, oh so small; but a flea on the tick of the tail of the cosmic scale...and there's nothing wrong with that, nothing at all if you can accept it without all of the anthropomorphic hubris acrued over 10,000 years vs. 5 billion -- everything will inevitably be "Kool & the Gang"...Having said that, I still feel like I'm returning to the scene of a crime [see "Cuckold Cocked"] but this time there wasn't a saucy little minx spoiling to make an arse out of me with the three card monte of poon...just a couple of us taking shots, drinking "oat sodas"...and shootin' the shite, all of which conforms to the way that this last week has gone by: I've had a few setbacks but they've all been offset by really positive happenstances that quantifiy one of cornerstones of my secular stoic-humanist beliefs: the karmic croupier always adds to the pot...you just got to stay in the game long enough to see the rewards of maintaining an unflinching poker face while staring into the molten red eyes of adversity...I think we're all gonna shoot over to Korea Town for a Dim Sum brunch and a couple more laughs...this is definitely not over but in the spirit of the now, here's some other guys' words that come to mind when thinking of last night while I watch the waves crash on the shores down below, laters.
CeeP

"In this life, in this life, in this life. In this, oh sweet life:We're coming in from the cold.

It's you. It's you. It's you I'm talkin' to. Well, you, you, you I'm talking to now...

Why do you look so sad and forsaken? When one door is closed, don't you know another is opened?

Would you let the system make you kill your brotherman? (No, Dread, no!) Would you make the system make you kill your brother, man? (No, Dread, no!) Would you make the system get on top of your head again? (No, Dread, no!) Well, the biggest man you ever did see was - was just a baby in this life.

In this oh sweet life: Coming in from the cold.

[Because] It's life, it's life, it's life, it's life it's...life. YEAH!
We're coming in from the cold..."


Bob Marley & the Wailers -- "Coming in from the Cold" (Uprising LP)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home