Sunday, February 27, 2005

Easy Reader & Galadriel Scoop Oscars

I try to avoid watching the tube at all costs and thus I'm not watching the 77th Annual Oscar Award ceremonies (I'm actually reading magazines right now) but I sensed a surge of energy coming over the hills from the direction of the Kodak Theater so I thought I'd look around online to take a gander at what happened...

Traffic reports on the radio are telling Angelenos to avoid the Hollywood 'n Highland area at all costs because it's always a mad house during one of these things -- isn't that special? ...well, lo and behold Morgan Freeman scored a long overdue award for best supporting actor for "Million Dollar Baby" -- I'll always remember him as Easy Reader from TV's The Electric Company, so in "Driving Miss Daisy" he was in "Easy Reader Drives Jessica Tandy to Piggly Wiggly," Shawshank Redemption was "Easy Reader Goes to Jail & Meets Tim Robbins" in "Unforgiven" it was "Easy Reader 'n The Outlaw Josey Wales Pop a Cap in Lex Luthor
s Ass" and so on...Also, Cate Blanchette's turn as Kate Hepburn in "The Aviator" got her a bald guy for best supporting actress, so I'm 1 for 1 as far as predictions go...oh yeah, Hilary Swank got Best Actress propers, too which is cool. Although she got dap for "Boys Don't Cry," I think she got prematurely snubbed for her work in "The Next Karate Kid"...but that's just me...I'll check back in a few to see if my Jamie Foxx prediction comes to full fruition...Laters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home