Saturday, March 11, 2006

Tavis Smiley's back, yo!

Last March I wrote about Tavis Smiley (pictured here interviewing Tori Amos) getting unceremoniously hooked from National Public Radio's airwaves and how that made me want to kvetch. Last night, since it was hailing (raining too) out here in L.A., I decided to stay inside and do a little reading and writing on a Friday for once, so I switched on the radio (maybe to catch Science Friday with Ira Flatow on Talk of the Nation) and was surprised to see that dude's back on the air. According to my man's Web site, he, himself, chose not to return to the radio last December...but I can't help but think that there was something rotten in Denmark...I was born at night but not last night...Dude had a nightly TV show on B.E.T. and PBS, so I knew he could hang -- I've read positively spun press releases before in my day but that's neither here nor there...I'm just going to take what I called "The Tavis-ty" with a grain of salt the size of a cinder block. The new radio show airs every Friday at 10:00, I recommend Tavis Talks (click header for link to PBS show) if you like a little "pepper " in your public radio, that is...Laters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home